Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Momentum

I'm starting this blogging thing off early today, been sick last week and busy at work so it is easy to forget to do it and then one day turns into another and voila - stale blog. 

I'm trying to think of what's new on the baby front.  Wife has been feeling marginally better, there's up days and down days.  And right as I typed that she texted me she's been throwing up this morning at home... So there you have it. 

We hit twelve weeks on Saturday, so that's the official time at which most of the miscarriage risk is gone and you can supposedly safely start telling a broader audience of people.  I really just told my brother, whose reaction, after telling me how great it was, went something like, "I don't know what's stranger; you being a parent or mom and dad being grandparents." His wife was great and sent a very sweet email to both the Wife and I.

Wife told two of her very close high school friends, but has organized a lunch for the weekend after next to tell her broader group of friends.  I think I mentioned it in an earlier post, but she's also frozen her Facebook account out of fear that someone will post something and suggested I do so as well.  Let me just interject right here to say how ridiculous all of this is.  First of all, the staggered schedule of telling people is beyond lame, and no guy has ever gone on another guy's facebook page and written something about a baby in the history of the internets.  Second of all, she is setting herself up for disappointment because as exciting as this news is to her and I and maybe her family, most of our friends have little kids of their own and have been to this rodeo over and over again.  I'm letting her run with it though, so she can enjoy the moment.

Oh, and it turns out that her good friend at work that is pregnant too, is half a week behind Wife.  I'm just picturing this luncheon with all of Wife's friend to do the big reveal and the friend blurting out, "I'm pregnant too!"  Wife might just choke her out at the table.  The good thing about the friend being pregnant is she's already called in sick about 5 or 6 times and is overly dramatic about the morning sickness, so Wife is realizing some of it is an attention thing and veering hard the other way. 

And she totally looks bigger and washed out!  Just kidding, I have no idea how she looks and wanted to complete my gossip update. 

Man things.  I'm going camping with three friends this weekend and have Friday off.  I'm looking forward to it, although I am dreading sleeping in a goddamn tent on the ground again. But mountain biking, fishing and drinking some beers with the boys should be good. 

How good is it to have the NFL back?  Thank god.  Also, Sons of Anarchy started again last night.   I was a little concerned because the last episode of last season was a little out there, but man it started off right.  Should be a fun season, and heavy on Trig - my favorite character.

No comments:

Post a Comment