Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Easy like Tuesday Morning

So after a long weekend of picking up ginger snaps, ginger ale and some nauseous medicine the doctor prescribed, it feels like that issue has been nipped in the bud.  Hopefully, no more fake puking behind planters in front of Starbucks!  I think right now, she just is bloated and feels full all the time.  Her belly is definitely starting to show, at least to me.  I think it is because she is so damn skinny.  She'd actually lost two pounds when she weighed in at the doctors, so she's clearly not eating out of control. 

When I met the wife, she was about to go to a yoga teacher's training to get certified, so she was practicing power yoga 4-5 times a week.  Since we moved in together, she's worked out about... quarterly.  So I've gently been encouraging her to start some kind of low impact regime so that she feels better while she's pregnant, and bounces back a little quicker afterward. 

For the record, I'm not even worried about that - but she has a huge fear of losing her tight little body, which is probably shared by all expecting mothers.  I think the fear is spurred on because her sister took almost two years to bounce back. 

Her brother recently moved back into town from LA, and he joined a gym right down the street from us, so I'm hoping they start taking classes together.  My wife is similar to me and gets lost in her head a lot, and I know how important being active is to me, so fingers crossed.

I just got back from meeting her for decaf coffee and tea, and she's already talking about cute maternity clothes and we're at 7 weeks!  In my head, that means one pair of jeans with that stretchy black band and maybe a shirt, right? Ha ha, I'm dead.


No comments:

Post a Comment