Thursday, August 9, 2012

The silence is... spooky

I've been busy for the last couple of days with a presentation and a big deal culminating that's taken a lot of extra  work to get across the goal line.  I hate presenting, I get nervous and my voice starts to shake, it is the worst.  I tried to ground myself and focus, but I still got off to a shaky start.  I recovered pretty quickly though and definitely got stronger as the presentation went on.  It helped that the clients were asking questions as well, instead of just me droning on.

It kind of worries me about the toast I'll have to give at my brother's wedding next week, I've been practicing every day but I am sick of this hanging over me all summer and can't wait to get it over with.  He did a great job at mine, and he told me later he'd taken a BETA blocker.  I'm going to see if he has one I can borrow.

On the baby front, my wife is feeling great these days, albeit a little bloated.  So much so, in fact, that we got a little frisky last night.  I've read that some women feel great with it and some, not so much, so I've kind of let her take the lead in that department. So far, its been less frequent, but I think that would be natural for someone that feels like throwing up or gassy all the time, so whatevs.

I think her feeling better can be interpreted two ways - she's through the worst of the morning sickness phase or something's wrong.  My wife is one of those people that immediately assumes the worst, so I'm pushing the "that's fantastic, you're through the worst of it!".  We have a doctor's appointment in two weeks to hear the heart beat, so I'm sure everything will be confirmed as great then.  

We're camping this weekend, so this will be a big test to see if she can sneak her little pooch by her mother.  I also noticed that her brother was talking a lot about babies last weekend, so I'm kind of interested to see if she spilled the beans to him.  I honestly would probably be relieved if she did, not being able to talk about it when I  see my brother next week is going to be really difficult.  He's my best friend and it just seems so natural not to talk about something so significant with him, but that's the deal.

We're taking the dogs camping by the weekend, so I expect this to be a total shit show.  I love them, but keeping them entertained and an eye on them all weekend is going to be a little much.




No comments:

Post a Comment