Thursday, August 30, 2012

In heat

I just met up with the wife at her BART exit and went to Starbuck's for a green tea and decaf latte, she looks smoking hot and feels great today.  The last couple of days, when she's complained about feeling sick I've run through the checklist of precautions she has to fight it.  Do you have on your seasickness wrist bands? No. Did you take the anti-nausea medication your doctor prescribed? Well... no.  Did you eat the ginger candy (natural cure) we got you at whole foods?  Well... no, I don't like the taste of ginger. 

As a man, this would be like walking out into the cold of the morning every day without a sweater or jacket for a month and then complaining that it is cold.  So she did all three today, and guess what?  She feels great!  Amazing how that works, isn't it?

She was wearing leggings with a short skirt over them this morning and sat on my lap while we talked, so of course now I'm in heat.  Things have definitely slowed down in that department because she feels so crappy all the time, so its been a while.  I think most men probably take care of that themselves, but I'm going to hold off.  Every time I do that, it automatically turns out to be the day she wants some "private time", so not only am I not really interested, but I need her to dress up like a Cal Trans worker and speak to me in a British accent to get where I'm going.  Every one ends up beat up, confused and the dogs think I'm killing mommy.



Work has slowed down a little today, but the two other guys who are in my role are out so it could get a little crazy.  I usually manage to pull it off, so hopefully it stays quiet.  

Did another benchmark workout yesterday and stank the place up.  I looked back at my performance on this particular workout for the last three years, and this was my worst performance by far.  It's pretty frustrating, need to focus and get better every day.

Hope anyone reading this has a great day.  Also, I think it is a given, but unless I specifically say so - the pictures that appear on this blog are never of me or my wife. 

No comments:

Post a Comment